Join us in the sanctuary for a special combined Sunday School hour. June 2nd - 9:45 am for all youth through adult classes. It is important that the congregation understand the work of the Transition Team and the Intentional Interim process. At the Deacons’ Meeting, 05-20-2013, we sensed that there are still those who are unsure of the process, so we decided to gather the church during the Sunday school hour on June 2nd, at 9:45 am, for a combined Sunday school class for youth and all adult classes. During this meeting I will go over, in detail, each of the five focus points of the Intentional Interim process and their importance to the future of the church. I will explain how the Transition Team may best involve the faith community in dealing with these areas of congregational life. I will give a time line for how the process will proceed and then call a pastor. This extra time and effort is being made to ensure that congregation understands the Intentional Interim process, the work of the transition team and the importance of the process as the church finds a new pastor and moves into God’s future. Please make every effort to attend.
Intentional Interim Pastor
- Attention Men! Horseshoes are starting back on Tuesday nights beginning June 4th. Come jon in the fun, fellowship, food and devotion. You must call the church office by Noon on Mondays each week so we can have a head count for supper.
- It’s time for Strawberry Faire and once again FBC will be participating and raising funds for missions. Strawberry Faire will be June 8. HOMEMADE pound cakes and volunteers are needed to make this event successful. Deliver pound cakes to the church by 10:00 AM, Friday, June 7. Please consider volunteering for this event. We need booth workers, workers to prep on Friday at church and workers to help setup and break down at the faire. It is lots of fun and a wonderful outreach to the Ashland community and beyond! If you would like to volunteer to help in any way, please call Becky Dixon 262-7232.
- Summer Celebration Coming Soon! June 17-19, 2013; 10:30AM - 3:00PM. A fun three days for children who have completed 1st through 5th grades. We will sing fun songs together and participate in musical activities in the mornings. We will go on a fun recreational event each afternoon. Registration forms are available in Barbara Massey's office.
- Discovery Class for Children - Parents, is your child asking questions about what it means to be a Christian, about becoming a Christian/making a profession of faith, and about becoming a member of the church? A special two-session class will be offered for children who are in third-fifth grades to answer some of these questions. The class will be taught by Barbara Massey, Minister to Children. There is a sign-up sheet on Barbara Massey’s office door for parents to indicate interest in this class. A date will be set in consultation with parents.
- Attention Knitters/Sewers, etc. - Jon Us on Wednesday, May 22 at 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM to share ideas, helpful tips, lunch and fellowship. Bring yoour handiwork, a sandwich and a beverage.
- New Funeral Reception Fund - a new fund has been created for assisting with the cost of funeral receptions. To donate to the fund, mark your contribution envelope "Funeral Reception Fund".
- Christmas in August - August 14, 7:00 PM - Last year’s event was very successful and so much fun that we are doing it again. Santa will auction off themed tabletop Christmas trees, and also themed wreaths. So decide on your theme, gather your materials and start decorating. Sunday school classes, Bible Study Groups, Mission groups, Choir groups, children’s and youth groups, Prayer Groups, or Individuals. We will accept your trees and wreaths anytime! Remember all proceeds will go to the Shoebox Ministry. Questions? Call Ann Keller or Debbie Powell.
- The Pearl Luck Women on Mission Team is Sponsoring and Collecting Donations for the Standing Rock Reservation. The following NEW items for all age groups (young children – young adult) will be greatly appreciated:
Shoes (no open toes), underwear, socks, $10 Wal-Mart card.
There is a bin in the sanctuary foyer for your donations. Deadline for donations is Sunday, June 23!
- Plan for Associate Pastor of Outreach - The Personnel committee, in conjunction with others in the church has been reviewing options for a succession plan to replace Jim Townsend as our Associate Pastor for Outreach Development. After much consideration, we have voted not to seek a permanent replacement, but rather an interim associate pastor to fill this position. There are two primary reasons for making this decision: Not to divert attention or focus from our primary objective which is to complete the transitional process Dr. Queen is leading us through and the calling of a new Senior Pastor.
The Transitional process may result in a new or different approach to our ministries and a change in the alignment of the Ministry Coordinating Council “Swim Lanes”. This would require a different skill set for the pastor filling this position. If you have questions/comments on this decision, please do not hesitate to call or e-mail us. Mick Outten, Chairman Personnel Committee.
- Show Box Ministry - Just a friendly reminder that we are still collecting itms for our shoe boxes. We have several boxes set out to place items in, so while shopping, pick up an extra item or two. Thanks!
- Download New Church Documentation
- Children's Extended Session Volunteers Needed - We are trying to increase our bank of volunteers to do the important job of caring for the youngest of our congregation during the 11:00 AM worship hour. This is the care of infants through four-year-olds and is called extended session. We have a fine group of volunteers who faithfully serve, and we do appreciate their faithfulness. We need more volunteers to extend our rotation time. Would you consider serving in this capacity? A short volunteer form is available in the focus, just complete and return to Barbara Massey.
- Church Equipment Use - If you need to borrow equipment from church (i.e. chairs, tables,coolers etc).
Fill out a equipment use form prior to your need. You can get the form from the church office.
- Transportation Ministry – As a ministry of FBC, we have drivers who are willing to drive people to doctor's visits or church functions. If you need a ride, please call the church office a couple of days ahead of time and we will do our best to match you with an available driver.
- FOCUS Newsletter – If you would the FOCUS e-mailed to you, please provide your e-mail address to the church office.
If you would like to request that information be placed on the web, please download the Web Submittal Form and e-mail to Lisa Reckley at firstname.lastname@example.org